The rumour that rapper Snoop Dogg is to play a part in The Wire Season 5 has sparked some fury among fans of the show.
The big question is in what form Snoop would appear; playing him self, being a regular on the show or just a short cameo role? In the case of the latter, the blog Hasbrowns and Toast has a few funny suggestions on how this could play out:
…give him 1 second. Literally 1 second. Some possibilities:
– A scene where Poot passes out testers and Snoop is running around fighting with Bubs over vials.
– Snoop as the janitor who cleans all the beer cans off the top of the Western.
– Snoop rolling by Snoop-like in the final montage. 1 second. Seriously.
– Snoop as the new guy that Jimmy’s ex is dating.
– Snoop as both the good and bad angel on the other Snoop’s shoulder. This scene would be less than 1 second though, since Killer Snoop doesn’t have angels on her shoulders, just blood. ( Hasbrowns and Toast blog )
This is what the Dogg himself has to say about The Wire
They called me to be a part of [‘Entourage’], I used that as leverage to try and be on ‘The Wire,’ ” he continued with a smile. “You know how I get down. I’m trying to get in the system… …That’s how I was with ‘Entourage,’ that’s how I am with ‘The Wire.’ They ain’t call me yet. They just using my name in there.” MTV
I really hope they scrap the whole idea of having Snoop Dogg in the show as I think it would ruin the show’s authenticity. What do you think – is the Wire big enough for two Snoop’s?