Wow. I didn’t even know about this, but apparently there’s a movie about druglord Avon Barksdale of the Wire. The movie will hit the stores in March. I’m not too sure about the quality of the movie though, have a look and share your thoughts.
Category Archives: Avon
The Telegraph has an interesting article on the Wire cast and what they are up to now that the show has finished.
Last time i spotted my personal favourite “McNulty” was in Frank Millers 300.
Whereas episode 1 set the scene for the final season, episode 2 really kicked things off.
The common theme seem to be to ‘stretch things’. The up and coming journo who’s trying to hard, stretching the truth for a good story. The unlikely joint venture between westside gangsters Marlo and Avon. And what about the ending – McNulty really stretching the limits. How is Bunk gonna handle this? Will McNulty himself be able to cope with it?
I can’t wait for episode 3. What’s your verdict?
While I’m eagerly awaiting the next and final season 5 of the Wire, I don’t really want to know beforehand about any plot twists. But on the other hand, it’s still very tempting to read all the gossip floating around the web on this topic. So, if you don’t want to risk getting the future plot spoiled, you might wanna stop reading here…
According to Japadamus, below are the main plot events for the Wire season 5:
So, from the comments in my previous post and surfing around the great old web, I’ve learnt that a lot of people really like the characters Chris and Snoop. It sort of shocked me as they are in my opinion just bad people. Their fun comments would have made them more appealing in a standard Hollywood production like Bad Boys, or whatever, but in a show such as the Wire they still come out like real fuck-ups that should be jailed for life. Any how, It made me think about who’s the most popular character in the wire.
- McNulty, beacuse he’s an original hero with a lot of shit on his hands but still has a good heart.
- Bunk, because he’s a great police (you have to pronounce that Baltimore style), and likes another shot straight after throwing up
- Bubbles, living the hard life with great style and being a true entrepreneur
- Bodie, one cool dude that didn’t bend for no one
- Omar, although a murderous soul he does have a code to only kill people in the game…
- Stringer, thought he was a really cool dude in the first two seasons, wanting to take the game to a whole new level of organisation – profit over honor and such.. Although I think he lost it at the end
- Kima, although liked her better in the first 3 seasons
And for the bottom scrap, there’s Chris and Snoop. Just check out this video collage.